Saturday Worship Service - 6:30pm
Sunday Worship Service - 9:00am
Adult Bible Study, Sunday - 8:00 and 10:15am
Wednesday - 10:00am
Teen Bible Study, Sunday - 10:15am
Children's Sunday School - 10:15am
ST. PAUL'S NEWS
Pastor Call Accepted!
Recently St. Paul's called Pastor Paul Hirsch to be our associate pastor of youth, school, and outreach, in conjunction with Beautiful Savior Lutheran Church in O'Neill. Pastor Hirsch has now notified us that he is accepting our call! Look for him, his wife Jodi, and his daughters Meryl, Lauren, and Carly to arrive in Norfolk in June. God bless their transition, and God bless the ministries of St. Paul's through Pastor Hirsch's service!
New FaithBuilders Class Beginning June 26th
Do you wish you knew more about the Bible… about Jesus… about your salvation? Have you been thinking about getting more involved in church? Then FaithBuilders is the class for you.
Over ten weeks, this course covers ten lessons on the beautiful, basic truths of the Christian faith. All are welcome, beginners to Christianity as well as veterans.
Beginning the last weekend in June, the class meets on Sundays after church and repeats on Tuesday evenings at 6 PM. Whether you want to become a member at St. Paul's or just find out more about God's Word, we'd love to have you so we can build up our faith together! For more information, contact Pastor Reichert.
150th Anniversary Festivities!
The weekend of July 15th-17th, 2016, St. Paul's will be celebrating 150 years of God's grace as a congregation. We'd love for you to join us! For more information from the Anniversary Committee, call 402-371-2202 or visit our Facebook page, St. Paul's 150th Anniversary. Here's a schedule for the festivities:
FRIDAY, JULY 15TH
- Early arrivals can come to the church, sign in, leave contact data, and acquire name tags.
- Church and school will be open at 3:00 PM for tours. There will be antique displays at school.
- 150th Anniversary Picnic will take place at the Grove Behind the Church. There will be brats, beverages, and a bonfire Friday night.
SATURDAY, JULY 16TH
- Cemetery walks at 11 AM, 1:30 PM, and 3:00 PM.
- Horse and buggy rides from 1:30 to 3:30 PM.
- Potluck meal at 5 PM.
- Festival service at 6:30 PM. Rev. Mark Schroeder, former Vicar and current WELS Synod President, will preach. The service will be accented by German content, and a historic pump organ will play. Please dress for the time period if you wish.
- After the 6:30 PM service, there will be a bonfire and s'mores.
- Fun activities for children to be announced.
SUNDAY, JULY 17TH
-9:00 AM - old-fashioned German/English service with pump organ. Dress to the time period if you wish.
- Following the service, there will be fellowship at the school over egg coffee, heavy cream, homemade coffeecake, and cinnamon rolls. There will also be root beer floats and anything we can think up to sweeten the pallet from the 1866 period!
Live Radio Broadcast:
Sunday 9:00am - 94.7 KNEN FM
Wednesday 9:00am - Cable Channel 12
Thursday 2:00pm (Spanish) - Cable Channel 12
Jueves 2:00 por la tarde - Cable Channel 12
St. Paul's Lutheran Church
1100 Georgia Avenue
Norfolk, Nebraska 68701
St. Paul's Lutheran School
1010 Georgia Avenue
Norfolk, Nebraska 68701
JESUS LIVED FOR ME, JESUS DIED FOR ME, JESUS ROSE FOR ME!
Welcome! Here at St. Paul's, you will find a place to hear and learn more about your Savior Jesus, to be faithful to God's Word, to enjoy the companionship and support of fellow believers who care about you, and to grow in faith and hope and love as we walk together on our road to heaven. At St. Paul's, we've found peace and purpose in our lives through faith in Jesus Christ, and we find joy in loving and serving each other to God's glory. We'd love for you to join us!
As Lutherans, we believe and teach that "all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus" (Romans 3:23-24). Though all people are sinful and deserve eternal punishment in hell, "God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16). So with our namesake, the Apostle Paul, we boldly and gladly confess that "It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast... May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Ephesians 2:8-9, Galatians 6:14).
We hold the entire Bible to be the completely true, perfect, reliable, and trustworthy Word of God; a timeless message that applies to all times, peoples, and places; and the only right standard for our faith and life.